What Does Acupuncture Treat and Who Comes for Treatment?
Since the focus of Five Element Acupuncture is to restore harmony and balance
to our energetic system of the 12 organs, allowing the natural forces within
us to do the most amazing healing possible, no condition, no illness, no
disease should be excluded from the realm of acupuncture's possible effectiveness.
Treatment is useful for patients of any age or condition, ranging from children
to the elderly, well or seriously ill.
In addition, the World Health Organization recognizes acupuncture and Traditional
Oriental Medicine's ability to treat over 43 common disorders including:
- Gastrointestinal Disorders, such as food allergies, peptic ulcer, chronic
diarrhea, constipation, indigestion, gastrointestinal weakness, anorexia
- Urogenital Disorders, including stress incontinence, urinary tract infection,
and sexual dysfunction
- Gynecological Disorders, such as irregular, heavy, or painful menstruation,
infertility in women and men, and pre-menstrual syndrome
- Respiratory Disorders, such as emphysema, sinusitis, asthma, allergies,
- Disorders of the Bones, Muscles, Joints and Nervous System, such as arthritis,
migraine headaches, neuralgia, insomnia, dizziness and low back, neck
and shoulder pain
- Circulatory Disorders, such as hypertension, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis
- Emotional and Psychological Disorders, including depression and anxiety
- Addictions, such as alcohol, nicotine and drugs
- Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders
- Supportive Therapy for other chronic and painful debilitation disorders